Hong Kong





On either end of my travels in China I spent a couple days in Hong Kong regrouping and getting
ready for whatever came next. I was
able to stay in an amazing apartment on "The Peak" over looking Hong Kong. The apartment was owned by a family, for whom my dad built a house for in Wyoming, the Parks graciously hosted me showed me a lot of what Hong Kong had to offer. I ate some exquisite food, went to kinds of bars I didn’t know existed, and was able to regroup, do some laundry and take some nice hot showers.
During this time I was able to figure out the all five types of public transportation, get completely lost in Hung Hom, and see the filming of the Dark Night. A fun day trip led me to another part of the island called Stanley. Sitting up front on the second floor of the double-decker bus proved as good as a roller coaster on the 40 minute ride that only set me back $1.

Both of my visits to our friends’ apartment on the Peak above Hong Kong were luxurious breaks from the traveling, the cold showers, the uncomfortable sleeper trains, and the hustle and bustle of life as a backpacker. It has been the perfect resting point to recuperate and get ready for what was to come next.



No comments:

Post a Comment